View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #19
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Just to give you a perspective from this part of the continent, as discussed with my dealer. MH sales are not so good as people are getting scared off by gas prices, higher insurance premiums and rapid depreciation on these units. However my dealer is selling 5th wheels as fast as he can get them in. Many people are trading in conventional trailers and MH's for 5v'rs. They are not buying trucks but getting the 5v'rs delivered to seasonal sites. The dealer's trucks are flat out moving 5th wheels. At my CG there are 5 of us in a row all in this category that have moved from MH's in the last two years. Why 5v'ers and not park models? Echoing my own thinking is that you can simply call for a tow for a 5th and change locations but a park model is a more permanent commitment to one location. I plan on getting a truck but when I consider the cost of a truck versus paying for a few tows it just doesn't make sense to buy one until I do some long distance towing/trips. I haven't done the math yet but it is probably cheaper for me to ship my 5V'er to Florida from here for the winter than tow it myself. All I need then is a small car to run around. No big dually with a thirst worthy of a sailer on shore leave. Been a sailer - been there :-)
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote