Thread: Levelers
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #11
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
As Tammy stated earlier, we have the automatic / computerized leveling system. I LOVE IT. As Tammy also stated, we live in an arctic environment and the ground (snow, ice, mud) changes based on tempurature. Our dealer did NOT do the conventional install - back jacks behind the axles. Our rear jacks are installed on the far back corners (under our kitchen 3650RK model). I had some concerns about frame bending, but the frame design did not allow 'normal' placement. We also replaced the front landing gear with the automatic. This system will lift the entire RV 2 feet off the ground and remain solid while walking in the RV. (By the way, ths is not recommended or standard practice. However, I just had to see if it would work - and I actually had to raise one side about 9 inches of the ground for about 6 weeks in one campground.)
I still place boards (or the orange lego-type thingies) under each jack stand. This is to prevent the jacks from freezing to the ground or sinking in the mud. Please let me know if you have any questions. For me (a fulltimer) they are worth every penny. By the way, the Montana frame has been significantly more sturdy than others I have seen and has adapted well to the minus 30F temperatures we experience and the strong lifting system we added.
Bernie
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote