View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #51
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Why am I getting a sinking feeling about my $60,000 purchase? In five years of ownership of my MH (Triple "E")I had only one problem with the igniter on the stove and one with the rear bedroom drawer locks. In one month of owning my Montana I have fixed several minor things myself with respect to finish and fit and have a problem with one hydraulic hose. This doesn't include PDI items my dealer fixed promptly. I expect a few more problems to surface but not to have to spend every day worried what will go next. The non-safety related issues aside, wheel losses, frame failures, spring hanger failures etc. are the things that scare me most. This forum has told me what to look for and how to respond. To all I am grateful. The faith people have put in Keystone makes me feel better although I still will not be not lulled into a sense of trust until they explain why my GVWR dropped over 1000# from the advertised level and why I have 6000# axles. The jury still is out over this let down. When I get the chance I am going to make a spreadsheet with all the component warranties listed along with their conditions. It seems it will come in handy.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote