View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #13
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Thanks, Jim. I look forward to hearing your results. This stuff doesn't remove wax, does it?

Tom, I do the same, when allowed. My bucket is not five gallons, I don't think. Just an ordinary sized metal pail. Normally I use a brush, the bucket, and either ZipWax or Blue Coral's equivalent so it leaves a thin coat of wax.

This park, however, claims the city of Santa Fe (we're within city limits) prohibits washing of vehicles in an rv park even with just a bucket. They claim they get fined and I would, too. I do not know whether they are telling me the truth or just passing blame to save their water costs. The result is I cannot use water at all to clean this filthy rig in this park.

We had to take the rig to Albuquerque, yesterday. 134 miles round trip. The forecast was for rain. I was looking forward to a nice soft rain while driving just to clean off the bugs and the red dirt from Monument Valley. Naturally, all we got was some light sprinkles that made things worse. Today, when we're again stationary, we're getting the soft rain. But it's not enough to clean off the rig to any noticeable degree. For once I'm not groaning about the chance for rain while towing and not worrying about it dirtying the rig and, of course, it doesn't rain.

Thanks for the info on Dri-gard. I'll check it out.
Im curious do you know if the city prohibits it because of water use? Can you use a soft brush and some soap or detergent in the rain without a bucket? I watched the video on dri wash's website, although I have no experience with it, it appears to me to be very similar to many of the quick detailers on the market. I use turtle wax ice and 2 micro fiber towels. No need for a water wash unless its really filty. you can do the glass, rubber etc with it. I did my wifes very difficult to care for black 2005 nissan and it looked as good as the day we bought it.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote