View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
ok.. from what I'm reading here, we could maybe use a "class" in the outside duties.. maybe could be conducted at the fall rally??? I asked Rich one day to show me all the stuff he does and he ran me through it. I can hook up (not as accurately as he does... but I can do it). I dump the gally tank every morning (since the stupid meter doesn't work at all) and sometimes the gray, while I'm out there. I've watched him do the black once or twice... and could probably figure it out if I had to. Backing up is, humorously, something I usually do better than he does. We take turns driving and fueling when we're on a long haul... so I agree whole heartedly with the other gals when they say "YOU CAN DO IT!!!" And those of us who already do... will support you in your efforts... won't we girls???!!!!

As for terminology... Rich and I have hand signals that work quite well. I point in the direction I need him to go and use my hands, held far apart, for lots of room to go... and gradually hold them closer together as the distance decreases. Then I take it down to finger and thumb when it's a few inches to go (when hooking up). These work and I'd be happy to show anyone who would be interested in trying this method. We'll be at the fall rally (in Goshen... if that's where we're going, for sure.) There's another rally in Pennsylvania that we're planning to attend as well. You can PM me if you wish.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote