Thread: Hitch pins?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 03:56 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the forum. Everybody thinks theirs is the right hitch, so you'll get as many answers as people replying. You have a nice truck, but you didn't say whether it was a shot or long box. If it is a long box, then you don't need a slider. Any standard hitch will do the job. However, if you have requirements, as I do, to be able to have a clean, level, bed rather than rails when you want to use the truck for something other than towing, I like the B&W Turnover Ball with the Companion Hitch.

There are generally two ways to handle the chucking (if it is an issue). One, at the hitch pin where you might use either Mor/ryde, 5th Airborne, or TrailAire hitch pins. I have used two of the three and recommend the 5th Airborne over the TrailAire (which I now have). Others will have to tell you about the Mor/ryde.

The second, and more pricy approach is to use a shock absorbing hitch. There are several manufacturers. All I have looked into were more pricy than I wanted to invest. Those who have them, swear by them. Other than price, my objection is the weight of the receiver. I need to be able to remove mine single-handedly.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote