View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:26 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

scductman,

Good question! If Keystone does it the way my employer does it, the vent and drain pipes simply are slip fitted into the top of the tank with gaskets around the pipe. The pipes to fit inside a short collar on the top of the tank.

That is a project that I will be undertaking myself as our galley grey tank is leaking also. I'm going to be working around the rear axle as the floor plan that our Challenger has is the same as the 3400. And I have been doing the same thing you are.
With the black tank leak issues we've had, the service manager told me the vent pipe is fitted into a rubber boot (didn't say about the drain pipe). He seems to think when we set up at our home base (no sewer) we are over filling the tank. I asked how we were supposed to know exactly when it is full, other than the burping, with those crappy monitors they use. I think he is probably right, as when set up in the park here, and on sewer, I dump when she burps. I've had the ABS membrane down on the belly, and is isn't that big of a deal. Biggest problem I had was where I had to cut it all the way across the back, but I happened to have some 1/8" X 1 1/2" X 10' aluminum flat pieces that really fit the bill there.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote