Thread: We made it!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #13
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Ahhhh, yes Northern New Jersey, Pleasant Acres. Arrived with my old TT towin' with a F150 Ford Passenger van, Wife, Daughter #1, Son, Daughter #2, her Friend...late at night...checked in, assigned sites, drove around campground loop, stopped walked into tricky area that required backing in...backed forever with bunch of permanent campers "hanging out" watching my misery...finally after my #2 Daughter's friend got sick; gave up, went back to check-in, unhappy with assigned site and provided new site; along open field...BUT hookups are not complete so needs long hose to hook up to water!
Pulled up, backed in...did a quick walk around and discovered trailer sinking into new back filled site!! Yikes, jumped into van and pulled back out aligned perpendicular to site and considered it done. Spent weekend and never went back...Thank goodness no damage done just worn out from late nite, young kids but a chapter in the adventures of our life.
Some people have nothing better to do but enjoy the misery of others...yet there are some that come to our aid without asking and never expect compensation. The later are blessed by those they help.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote