View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The new design is no guarantee that you don't need a sliding hitch. As long as TV and Trailer are on level ground you "may not" need a sliding hitch. I say "may not" as the jury is still out on that.
BUT get into a situation where the trailer is on a slightly bit higher ground than the TV and you no longer have all that advantage of the new cap. For example, backing into a site that is up hill. As the back of the trailer goes up the nose comes down. Now have the nose down while backing up that hill and at the same time being in turning situation. The nose all of a sudden is coming at the TV.

I had my Superglide on my 2004 2955RL and I now use it on my 2007 3485. Do I need it on the 3485? Probably 95% of the time NO but it's that 5% that I don't want to worry about. And being that you don't need a sliding hitch 95% of the time you become very complacent. All of a sudden you are in one of those 5% situations and you never even thought about sliding the hitch. My Superglide is always back there and always doing it's job and always giving me that peace of mind and always making my life a whole lot easier.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote