View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #21
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I received a reply from MedicAlert regarding their Gold Membership online storage, as follows:

"Dear Larry,

Thank you for your prompt response. The storage space for each MedicAlert Gold account is currently set to 256 MB. This may seem like a small storage space but in actually it can hold a few thousand faxed documents. When documents are faxed into the MedicAlert Gold account, that document is electronically converted into a .PDF file type.

Uploading images, however, has the potential to take up much more storage space that .PDF files. If you feel that you would require more storage space we can upgrade your storage space up to 2 GB for free.
"

This sounds good to me. After talking to my DW, we are pretty well decided on going this way, beginning now so we have lots of time to upload our files (I have faxing software on our computer which means I can be efficient in inputing our records) AND we will be protected medically from now on. The $9.95/month per person seems reasonable to us given the service we will receive and the worldwide recognition of the MedicAlert service.

Does anyone following this post have any other inputs to help us with this before we commit to them? I will wait a few days to see if there is any input contrary to the above.

Thanks to everyone for all your assistance.

(CAROL - With all the computer expertise out there nowadays, I imagine a medical facility can't be too careful with their records, and I, for one, am glad they are being as secure as they can, even if it means not using the flash drive.)
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote