View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #11
tcorbitt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5799
learn something new every day. We live in Vermont but have traveled the NYS parkways many times over the years with our trucks, registered commercially (VT) without any problems. Our car also has commercial plates which travels these roads often. Never even gave this a thought. Our business signs are magnetic and are usually removed when traveling out of state. I had always thought the Commercial restriction was for those with DOT Registration numbers on the truck, which we do not have. I am completely shocked reading the restriction for cars with cargo carriers on top. If they wanted to enforce this, they could make a killing during the winter months when thousands of cars travel these roads laden with skis, boards, etc. I am surprised how many real commercial vehicles use these roadways given the above notices. I have seen FedEx and UPS on these roads on many occasions. I wonder if there are additional laws allowing them to use these roads for local deliveries. I cannot imaging these companies are violating this restriction on a regular basis.

Very interesting topic...
tcorbitt is offline   Reply With Quote