View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #38
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, so far I am very, very impressed with the new Dodge automatic transmission.

I agree the Dodge flat blows away everything else, engine wise. In my opinion and experience, anyhow. And I agree the interior is not as current and nice and plush as the others, even in our top of the line Laramie. But, the way it tows this Montana more than makes up for it in my opinion. I have been a Ford guy for a long time and loved the new Ford. But I'm leery of a first year engine. After driving the Ford, GMC, and Dodge I had to decide between all the extra luxuries of the new Ford and the towing prowess and longevity of the Cummins engine. Interesting, my auto insurance on the truck on this 2007.5 Dodge is about $40/ year less than my 2005 Ford and this Dodge's retail price is $10k more than the 2005 Ford was. I am not sure why the difference.

I sure do miss those reverse sensors, though. That's something I'd really like to see Dodge offer.

Richfaa, the Dodge QuadCab (crew cab not as big as the megacab and slightly smalelr than the Ford and Chevy) comes in a longbed dually. And about %5k or $6k cheaper than the MegaCab.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote