View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #37
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
I said when I bought the 04.5 dodge and again with the 07, if I could have the ford body with the chevy interior and cummins with the allison I would buy it. Can't find anybody to build it though. I have also said "bought the cummins, it came wrapped in a Dodge ". The light has not come on again and I have put an additional 1,000 miles on it. Hopefully it is fixed. Anybody else notice the 5.9 seems to pull harder than the new motors? Pulling a 3000 lb boat to branson this week it seems sluggish up the hills. It would actually lose about 5 mph then down shift but no incerease in speed. The only way I could get it to accelerate is to manually shift down to 4th then it would start to pull. If you were going uphill and floored it it would not downshift or pickup speed. Maybe I have more problems than just a check engine light. I know for a fact my old truck pulling the same boat would accelerate up any hill I wanted it to with ease. I am not sold on the new transmission yet. When towing the camper in tow/haul mode today I thought I was going to be sick. I was in traffic on the highway going between 40 and 50 mph and it would keep hunting for the right gear. I finally manually downshifted and left it in 4th and it smoothed out a little. The transmission is great for slowing you down on an off ramp and combined with the exhaust brake will stop anything with little effort. But when it downshifts you know it. My wife's soda was splashing out of the cup. Wondering what all the slamming of gears is going to do to the drive train? Anybody else think it tries to get to 6th gear too quick? I have the 3?? not the 410's.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote