View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #14
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Dave and cheryl,
As someone else pointed out IOTA does make a converter with the IQ4 already installed. To the best of my knowledge Montanta doesn't buy that one but cheaper, non-integrated version. We strongly recommended to Mark Krol (Keystone rep) at the NE rally that Keystone take another look. If I can buy the IQ4 on my own for $28 Keystone should be able to cut a much better volume deal. Ideally, they would buy the ones with the controller already installed even cheaper than buying the converter and IQ4 seperately.
Now to help you answer your question in your particular case, you need to look at your converter. I had a chance to look at my replacement converter before the dealer installed it....It might be a little tougher to look at if it is already installed. what you are looking for is a little green LED indicator light. This will send a variety of messages when the converter is installed and powered up (might not be so tough to find installed after all). The flashing light codes are on the web site mentioned. In my case I could see where the light would have been visible throught the case of the converter and I did not have a light there so I didn't have the built in IQ4 and had to buy it seperately.

Hope that helps. No light=no built in IQ4 controller

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote