Thread: living room ac
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Steve,
I am not sure what is the problem with my living room a/c. I always run the thing on "high" and in the "on" position, and I still have to leave the dump gate open. If I close it, the unit will shut down within 20 minutes or so. My dealership has worked on the thing for the past three years, and nothing they do seems to help. I have had the return air box resealed, a new breaker installed, bought a volt meter as the mechanic thought maybe the park electric was bad- not the case as the volt meter is always in the green, they serviced the compressor, checked the coolant, and a few other things. I have tried to get a new a/c out of the shop while it was under the Dometic warranty, but never was successful. I have no faith in the living room a/c and since I have a small dog, I bought the 2nd a/c unit for the bedroom.

The strangest part is, if I leave the settings as I previously mentioned, and also leave the dump gate open, the unit will run strong all day. It only starts acting up when I close the dump gate, or run it on "low" or "auto". Go figure.... lol!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote