View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Steve,

I've had one of the Chinese Generators for a couple of years. Mine is a UST3000. It has 25 amps going to a single 120 Volt outlet. I used mine to power my coach while doing disaster relief after Katrina. It powers my 15K BTU AC and microwave with no problems.. The voltage never varies from about 124 volts and it has been run for hours on end. The frequency is controlled by the speed of the generator which is very stable. The signal out is very clean. The noise level is not as good as a Honda, but you can stand beside it and talk without having to raise your voice. It does meet the noise requirements set by the National Park Service. If you were boondocking away from other campers it wouldn't be an issue anyway.

I have been very pleased with this generator at the $319.00 I paid for it, and at 8 - 10 times less than Honda or Yamaha I can throw a few away and still be ahead of the game. The Champion you describe is an even better option because it already has a 30 Amp RV plug. I had to make an adapter for mine using the twistlock plug provided with the generator.

Here's a link to my installation:

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...generator.html
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote