View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #11
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
We sort of got into two different discussions here, but that's fine...

Re the LA area transit info Sue and Ed sent, right on the $$. Only thing I have to add re Anaheim - Sacramento is that timing is everything when traveling through the LA Basin. Sunday is very best, the earlier the better. Saturday is next best, early is also better.

During the week days, I wouldn't even think of hauling the Monty through the LA Basin between 0600 and 1030 or 1500 to 1900. If you are headed for Bakersfield, start early...0430 or so. Once you are east or north of central LA, things will be better, as you are then going against the primary "flow" into the area.

We usually use Orange Grove RV in Bakersfield. Dennis will have info on the newer place.

For Kevin and Denise, we've made that general trip 3 or 4 times. For the trip Sacramento to Texas, we would allow 5 days for 1700 miles. Four days would be "do-able", but really stretching it. Part of the problem is limited overnight facilities between Tucson and the I-10 * I-20 split in W. Texas. (Let's hear it for Van Horn!!) There are several discussions in earlier threads re that routing. Let me know if you want any route info from our past trips.

Safe trails!!
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote