View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #49
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Hey Jon & Jo Ann,
Nope, couldn't do the keys this time, there weren't any openings unless I wanted to pay WAY over $100.00 per night. Now, I love my Monty, but if I'm paying that, I want room service...LOL But, I'm enjoying Fort DeSoto a lot. Drove around the old neighborhood where I used to live today, then went to the St. Pete Pier for some margaritas and tourist stuff. It sure does bring back memories of when I lived here...really tears at the emotions. But, it is one beautiful day here today...74 and the bluest of skies. The water is a color of blue that I have never seen described in a way that can capture it's beauty...and I'm trying to find all the little gecko lizards I used to love when I lived down here. They seem to be in hiding right now. Maybe they're all in LA doing those Geico commercials...LOL

I'm secluded in this pull thru site that is so secluded from my neighbors, I can have the flood lights on at night, and no one can even see them...LOL It's quite amazing that this place has been here since the 1800's, and yet I never bothered to come here when I was living right down the road in the 90's. It's very reasonable at $28.00 per night. There is 30 amp hookup, and water. No sewer, but they have a dump station, so thats close enough. I have to get up early tomorrow morning to get into the office when they first open. Maybe I can get another site here for 2-3 more days before heading back to the arctic colds of Michigan. What a blessing...Peace out.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote