View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
As we get ready to hit the hard road, I will repeat what I have said here a few times and in our household there are NO exceptions.

Dogs (and cats, if they are your traveling companions) belong in a crate, or maybe, as second best, strapped in with the animal seat belts. The crate must be strapped in with the seat belts or bolted to the floor. The animal MUST go in the crate, ALL the time when the vehicle is moving.

NO to inside the rig. NO NO NO.

If you have an accident or sudden stop situation, your beloved pet can become a missle. In the rig, if they are flying around, they could break bones and or neck and end up dead. In the truck, same could happen, or worse, yet, they could strike any human passengers in the neck and break your neck and then you will be dead too.

I know it is cute as can be to have poochie or kitty ride on the seats, and the console in the middle of your truck. Cute can be deadly too.

I have been known to be rather outspoken on this subject, and make no apologies for my hard stance on this.

If you want some real life, actually, a real death, example, I would be glad to provide them, probably private email would be better, cause I am telling you, I have one horror story about non crated animals and a motor home that is sickening, horrid, awful, gory.

Love your animal enough to protect him/her and yourself as well. Or pray real hard that you never have any emergency stop or an accident.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote