Thread: Humidity
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
crandallbradley

OK, just to be sure we are all on the same playing field here

The roof vents you are talking about do come on the Montana and not the Mountaineer, you are 100% on that.

The vents I was discussing, would be one of the ceiling vents, like one that the have the Fantasitic Vent Fans or Maxair Vent Fans in.

I take it you are not running the heat (which should help dry out some of the humidity) and you are not needing the A/C (again would dry out the humidity).

So, considering you are fulltiming, cannot move to Arizona or the desert at this time, and are keeping a ceiling vent open 1/2 or so, 24/7 and still have 50 to 60% humidity in there, I think I would say, you might be a strong candidate for a dehumidfier.

Just wondering aloud, do you run any fans in there, like ceiling fan, or small desk top type?? Have you tried moving the little monitor that reads your humidity in the rig around to different positions?? Maybe it is sitting in a particularly damp area. Best to take an average.

Would assume you have. Sure sounds like you are a clear candidate for a dehumidifer.

Agree with Wrenchtraveller, during our heating season here, we aim for around 35 % humidity in the house. Less than that and my sinus' burn.

Please let us know how this works out for you. If you get the unit, please report back on how affective you feel it is.

Oh, to get rid of that duplicate post, if you go to that post, and look on the task bar just above it, and run your mouse over it, you will find a icon that will let you DELETE it. Only the poster or a moderator can do that.

Good luck with this, keep us posted!

So, are you parked near the Bay, do you see the fog roll in?? Have never been to San Francisco, it looks beautiful when they show the bridge and the fog. Not sure I would want to be driving in it, but it still looks beautiful!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote