Thread: Thousand Trails
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 03:12 AM   #11
Gpa_Dick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5960
As was mentioned before, do your home work. We did and purchased a resale for a little over the transfer fees. Look in Trailer Life Magazines and others like it for ads. I talked to a number of folks and they were selling because they were giving up on the RV lifestyle. They just couldn't handle the rigs anymore. Our membership allows for 2 weeks in and move straight to another park.

We live in the NorthWest where there are plenty of "Preserves" and haven't been happier. There are programs in the summer that involves the kids. They are really going the extra mile to do what it takes to keep and bring more members in. I don't think I have come across a grumpy employee.

Now not all parks are created equal. Some are on the rustic side - like state campgrounds - and others are like the RV parks. Each have a character of their own. I have seen complaints about how they don't keep the parks clean but I just haven't seen it. I have been a member for 2 years and go just about every month for 3 to 4 days.

It is first come first served and you hope to get a favorite spot. So, if you can't deal with that then certainly take that into consideration.

Just my thoughts. Good luck!
Gpa_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote