View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 07:39 AM   #13
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I know I got a very nice sounding insurance policy for my Montana for a pretty reaonable premium but it was stipulated that I would not live fill time in it and it was for vacation use. I told the salesman that I do construction work and I do live in the unit while I am working in an area. He phoned an insurance rep. at the main office to double check and they said this was fine and I was covered for working vacations as well.

As far as improving the Montana, we can do a lot of that ourselves after the warranty expires and I have done a few things already. Take the stair hand railing I installed. This should be a standard part of any home. They will not let you move into your new home with no hand rail on the stairs, yet Keystone sells units to elderly frail people without this vital piece of safety equipement. I guess if a unit was classified for full time use they would have to raise the bar on a lot of safety issues. Take our 9 inch step well that we have on our entrance way. Most building codes do not allow a stair riser that high. This is why an RV maker would have to be very careful to market a unit as a full time residential home. A whole new set of rules comes into it. My 2 cents.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote