View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #15
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Even after leaving the black tank flush running for an hour or more, and allowing the insides of the tank to dry off a bit before reading the gages, (assuming that'd let the sensors know there is nothing in it,) our black tank gage is seldom registering empty.

As Rickety says, ours lets us know when it's time. In our 2004 3380, you could actually see down into the pipe so far that you could see the level starting to rise. With this 2005 3475, we get that "gulping," or even a "burping" when it's time to flush.

The gray water tank's "time" will simply evidence itself if we try to take four showers without dumping, the water starts to not drain from the shower.

The galley tank will simply refuse to drain in the sink, or the second sink will start to back up.

I've taken to draining the gray tank every morning after we shower, and the galley tank every four days or so.

As for the black tank? At the first sign of a "gulping," I'm out there to at least pull the handle. If it's daylight, I'll turn on the flush.

I'm guessing that some day there will be an infallible tank sensor that you can even set to drain the tanks by itself.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote