Thread: Tire Preasure
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 08:58 AM   #15
rpkittle1
Established Member

M.O.C. #23884
Tire pressure

Why run your tires at 110 psi? You are setting your tire pressure too high. I have tires that can run at 110 psi but I set mine at 80 psi. The manufacture of the tires publishes load tables and after weighing my trailer I found I only need 80 psi to safely handle my weight. If you run pressures too high you are putting more stress on the trailer

My truck has tires with a max 80 psi but the door sticker list I only have my tires at 65 psi. When I weighed my rig I found I should keep 65 psi in the front tirs but 80 psi in the rear tires when towing. When I am not towing or carrying a load I lower my rear tires to 50 psi (per load tables. If I kept 80 psi in all tires it would be like running with steel wheels. The pressure on the side of the tires is the MAX pressure if you are carrying the MAX load as listed on the side of the tire. Also if you run too high of a pressure you are driving on the center of the tire and not on a full footprint.
2012 Ford f-250 King Ranch short bed, 6.7 diesel, SumoSprings, Pullrite slider hitch. Sulastic shackles, 400 amp hour lithium batteries, 500 watts solar, DC to DC charger, 3000 watt full sine wave inverter
rpkittle1 is offline   Reply With Quote