View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 09:40 AM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Before going through all that work, make sure the WeBoost will still work well if you go through the coax cable in your camper. And then, you'll need adapters to switch from the very thin coax cable supplied with your WeBoost to the fatter normal coax running through your camper, and then connect again at red power box.

Hopefully, you have already tested it all out. The coax wire supplied with the WeBoost is only "so long". Will it reach the entire length you need? To reach the Satellite connection in the pass-through?

Try connecting there first (before running any wires) and set the thing up. Make sure it's actually going to work.

I have a WeBoost and built a very solid outside antenna stand that simply sits on the roof of my camper. I run the wire down the side of the camper and in through a window closest to where the red WeBoost power supply is located. The other (inside) antenna has a very long, very thin, Coax cable, so the inside antenna can be located anywhere.

Anyway, I hope you did some trial testing first and are just not assuming the system will work using your camper's existing Coax cable before you start surgery on your camper.

And just for an FYI... our WeBoost works great! It might have had a hefty up-front cost to purchase the thing, but it sure does the job when phone signals are weak.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote