Thread: Peeling Leather
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 10:30 PM   #9
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juudede View Post
Despite our best diligence to maintain our 2017 Montana High Country 375FL, we bought new in 2017, the flaking faux leather is falling off like tissue paper everywhere. This model has so much, furniture (theater seats replaced 4 years ago) sofas, window cornices and sides, bed headboard, and entrance doors top trims. Resale value is probably in the pits.

Bedroom heat pump/AC just had to be replaced. We are very disappointed with the quality of the Montana.

Unfortunately we traded a 2005 Sunline TT for this in 2017. That Sunline was as perfect as the day it left the showroom. Quality is no longer a priority.
The pealing faux leather seems to happen to most people that have it after about 3 years, often sooner than that. Obviously, I had it happen to us. After pricing replacement furniture of similar construction we found a company on line with real leather that was within 3 inches length as what we had. Surprisingly, it was only about $200-300 more than the faux leather replacement, for this real leather, and electric recline. So far after a little more than a year I’m thrilled with this theater recliner. Check out Theaterseating.com. Comes in pieces and easily fits through your RV door. No more pealing. Great comfort. If I remember right, its a 5 year warranty. There is no real fix for this faux leather pealing crap. They all do it. Only real fix is cloth or real leather. There have been a few other posts from folks that bought the same theater seating from the same company and are happy they did. I highly recommend them.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote