View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 10:29 AM   #36
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
How about another update:

This was February 2. A group of "home school children" were out for some historical 1810 demonstrations about, Pirates and sailing ship navigation (called "Privateers"), medical treatment and surgery procedures, how numbers of troupes were organized and movements were done in platoons or regiments, how to load and fire a black powder musket, and a black powder pistol. It was an interesting morning.

I did two house tours that same day.

Now, on Saturday, Feb 3, my wife and 2 doggies drove 14 hours from St. Franicsville, LA back to Anderson, Indiana. We left at 7:30 am (LA time) and arrived home at 11:30 pm (LA time). We had a death in the family and returned back for the funeral (Monday, Feb 5), and will return back for another 14-16 hour drive on Tuesday. I'm scheduled for house tours Wed, Thur, and Friday this week. Of course, we left the camper there while we returned home for this fast turn around trip.

Here's something that completely amazed me... and that was the fuel mileage in my 2014 Chevy Silverado, dually, long bed, crew cab, 3500 diesel pick-up truck. I averaged 18.9 miles a gallon (diesel) returning home, and my speed limit was consistently 5 mph over the posted speed limit. I don't thing I ever got that good of fuel mileage on that truck. Of course, towing that Montana HC fifth wheel, if I get 10 mph, it's a good day! I just found this amazing fuel mileage.

The thing I DID NOT like about returning home was, when we left Louisiana, the day before, it was 70 degrees. It was about 55 when we left in the morning. When we arrived in our drive way, and I opened the truck door, it was 31 degrees and that biting cold Indiana wind tore right through us. Sheesh. I remembered real, real fast why we wanted to be out of Indiana, Jan, Feb, and March!

But! on the good side, once home, my 3 girls were real, real happy to see me again!

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote