Thread: Retired!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 01:00 PM   #17
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
I don't mean to be a downer, but I want to chime in with a word of caution, regarding your plans to sell your house and hit the road full-time. I would urge you to keep your house instead of selling it, if at all possible, unless you have a rock-solid back-up plan B, C, and D for where you're going to live, if circumstances change and you can't full-time anymore due to health or financial reasons, or if you can't full-time anymore because there's no longer anyplace you can reliably afford to park your rig.

(Camping and pickup trucks have always been for the common man, but "campgrounds" are increasingly becoming pricey, swanky "RV parks" that won't even allow a rig as old as yours to stay long-term--and new RVs and the trucks to tow them with are becoming ridiculously expensive. If your rig or your truck craps out, you'll have to get new ones. And more zoning laws, building codes, and city ordinances are being put in place every day, all over the country, too, to keep people from living in RVs, even on their own property.)

Also, since there are two of you, one of you is probably going to die before the other. Make sure you have a plan for how, and where, whoever is left will be able to live.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote