View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 04:17 PM   #12
lj_cox
Established Member

M.O.C. #19296
We got a Thousand Trails membership in 2018 and "covered" (figuring an average daily campground cost of $35 that year) the cost of the membership plus annual dues in 2 years. Last year figuring the average daily cost of campgrounds at $45, we saved $4800. Or thinking of it a different way, in 2023 we stayed in TT campgrounds for $7.50/night. I think it's definitely worth doing, but we stay in TT parks roughly 2-4 months out of the year.

The thing you really have to look at is what are the TT parks like where you are. They're are numerous pretty nice TT parks on the east and west coasts, with some in the southwest that I do not like as well (though at the daily rate I'll put up with them). But the midwest has very few if any - if that's where I was doing most of my traveling, I'd skip TT.

You can buy TT memberships on the secondary market and TT supports that. There are numerous membership levels and limits, so you'll want to know exactly what your stay term limits and reservation limits are if you decide to buy. With our membership we can reserve 120 days out, go park to park, and stay for 3 weeks at a time if there are no stay limits at the park (in high season some parks limit the stay term to 2 weeks max.)
lj_cox is offline   Reply With Quote