View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 12:10 PM   #25
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Here are two youtube videos about "fixing" the RV absorption fridge guts or completely replacing the RV fridge with a residential unit.

The first video is from "Jonesin 2 go" youtube channel and he gets new JC Refrigeration conversion for his OEM "two-door" Norcold RV fridge in his 2020 Montana 3121. This video has been linked in past forum threads about the Norcold fridge...here it is again. Unfortunately he does not mention cost. My guess would be $1500 for the parts and maybe $500 for labor. Maybe someone here knows the cost.

The second video is a guy that replaces his "single door" Norcold with a Haier residential fridge in his motorhome. He goes into the theories/reasons for why these absorption fridges can become a problem. The Haier fridge costs less than $500 for a single compartment fridge, which will not work for those with the 2-door fridge. Wish they would come out with a double door option. I just googled the Samsung RF18 (the fridge in my unit) to check prices and they seem to be running $1200 - $1500 from Home Depot or Lowes currently.

Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote