View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 03:27 PM   #25
rpkittle1
Established Member

M.O.C. #23884
Tire pressure

I don't know what the problem is? You look at the pressure/weight table the manufacturer publishes and follow their information. They knoe best. Weigh you truck and know what weight is on the tires. Add about 10% and run that pressure. The tire sidewall will tell you max pressure only. The door stricker is a general guide.

My weights say I should always have 65 psi in the front tires. I run 55 psi unloaded and 80 psi with the 5th wheel loades. My trailer weights say I could run 70 psi in all tires but I run 80 psi because of differing water loads. My trailer sidewalls say I can go to 110 psi but that would be like driving on steel wheels. I don't want to beat my trailer up.

My sin-in-law pulls heavy trailers all the time. He has found in the hot desert if he runs full tire pressure he has more blowouts.
2012 Ford f-250 King Ranch short bed, 6.7 diesel, SumoSprings, Pullrite slider hitch. Sulastic shackles, 400 amp hour lithium batteries, 500 watts solar, DC to DC charger, 3000 watt full sine wave inverter
rpkittle1 is offline   Reply With Quote