View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 09:44 AM   #12
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salty View Post
When traveling north on the Alaska Highway, a mounting bolt broke and destroyed the rear cover of our TV. This part is not available for replacement. Now that we are headed back to the lower 48, I am looking to replace it. What concerns should I have regarding a replacement TV? Our rig is a 2021 3791RD and had the original TV - 120V. Thanks in advance!

I find it amazing that a TV bracket mounting bolt broke and you didn't have blown tires if the road was that rough. I thought the TV mounting brackets and the attachment to the RV was about the most heavy duty things on them.

Like many have stated, just find a model that fits the opening. The mounting brackets and hole patterns are supposed to be a VESA standard, I think there are 3 different ones commonly used. They are supposed to be matched to the weight of the TV, not necessarily the size. If you find one that will fit the opening and the mounting bolt pattern is larger than your mount, you can buy an adapter plate from Amazon for about $15. If you go this route, I would advise attaching it to the existing one with some bolts and nylock nuts.

The mounting screws for the TV to the mount will always be metric, either 5mm or 6mm. Other than getting the right diameter, it's critical to get the right length. Using a bolt that's too long and overtightening can destroy a TV.

I don't know how rushed you are to replace, but there will be many Black Friday sales on flat screens.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote