View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 05:47 PM   #10
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
But, he states that in around 1% of all failures, the sudden blowout, it will NOT inform you. The system checks each sensor every 12 seconds and even though it read a pressure and temp when it last checked, it will NOT tell you when it tries to check it again and the temp and pressure isn't there!!!
Probably my fault, but this is not making sense to me. If I remove one of my sensors, the system alarms almost immediately and reads zero psi; it does not take 12 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I ran a test this morning to simulate a blowout .. by unscrewing a cap sensor to simulate a rapid loss of air. Of course I can’t actually do a full blowout test and I hope to never have one .. have never had a tire blowout in over 45 years of RVing.

Anyways . My crude test tells me the TST507 system will in fact find a blowout ( rapid loss of air ) quicker then I suspected it would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
No tire system on the market will alert you if a large hole is blown out of a large hole is cut into the tire and all pressure is released immediately. This is the 1% of all tire failures. The sensors "sleep" until the monitor pings it for a report. If all pressure is released in between the pings, the sensor should show no pressure or temp in that slot, however will only blink the position it's trying to check. After talking with the factory rep, engineers and VP, this is how the system would operate in this situation. If, the air is released during the period in between pings and can compare two pressures and one meets the 2psi/minute guide, it will alarm.
Perhaps we cannot remove a sensor fast enough to simulate a "sudden blowout"; maybe we are simulating a "fast leak".
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote