View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 09:38 AM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Nirvana 2023 coming to an end.

Continuing from this post:

Click here - Nirvana! our time at Pilot Mountain State Park at Pinnacle, North Carolina (Near Mount Airy) is coming to an end.

Today is our last full day here. Tomorrow, about 9:00 am we'll depart. I'm finishing up my duties as the Camp Host, and ready to turn every thing over for the next host. It's been 2 months of "little paradise". It's sad to leave, but we do need to return home for some things; more doctor appointments, and I've got a Jury Duty form I need to get filled out and sent back. I called them and they've given me an extension since I was out of the state (Indiana) for 2 months. But I've got to get it back to them.

On Monday, September 4, we'll be at Mounds State Park (Anderson, Indiana) for a week (After Labor Day week-end), close to home and able to take care of some of these personal things.

I'm not thrilled about doing Jury duty, but if called upon, I'd like to get it over with so I can get on with my retirement camping and not have to worry about things like this for another couple years!

Pilot Mountain State Park (North Carolina) has been great again. I cannot recommend any better place on earth for camping. But, remember, this is a "primitive" campground. No electricity, no hook-ups, no dump station. Generators welcome, but it's designed for tent campers. It's so dang dark at night is awesome. It's so dang quiet at night, except for the Cascadia's screaming, it's awesome! The rangers absolutely enforce the rules, and there is no monkey shII going on here. I am still impressed that the rangers cited one set of campers for under age alcohol use, litter, and destroying park property. And how many times the rangers called folks to return to clean their camp sites because they left it in an undesirable condition. Oh yea, people really get pissed at that, but it's either pay the fine or come back and clean it up. I REALLY, REALLY wish other states and state parks would do the same. A lot of the monkey shII that goes on would quickly come to a stop. This is another reason this state park stays so pristine! Everyone works very hard to keep it that way.

Yes, it's Nirvana! And yes, I've been invited to come back again next year, July and August.

Now... we go back to Las Vegas RV style state park camping with lights on all night, neon flashing, cars running around all day and night, and all sorts of commercialized, electronic noises to kill the sound and ambiance of nature! Oh well, it was WONDERFUL while it lasted!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote