View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 06:45 PM   #5
Cynger
Established Member

M.O.C. #32971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I dont know for sure but i think the answer is no - it will not connect to your truck system. Hopefully someone here will know the definitive answer.

Most folks here use the rear camera to monitor traffic behind the rig during travel. You need a camera and a monitor. The problem lots of people have is these Montanas are so long that the signal from the camera has a hard time connecting reliably to the monitor screen while you are moving at 60 mph. Lots of dark screens, frozen pics, at least that has been my problem.

The Furrion tends to be pricey. There are other choices for $400 or less. I have a Visionworks system that has had problems connecting over the long distance. They just sent me a 60’ long heavy duty shielded coax with a new antena. I will hook it to my camera and run the coax across my roof and mount the new antenna just behind the front cap. I have seen youtube videos of this fix on a 47’ Momentum toy hauler and it fixed his issues. I have also seen a review from a Montana owner who installed a Haloview system with two antennas and the signal is strong enough to make the distance. The Haloview screen is BIG maybe 8”. I like my 5” screen from Visionworks… less dash clutter.
Thank you! We have lots of research to do. Thanks for the tips on the other brands
Cynger is offline   Reply With Quote