Thread: Water pressure
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 08:48 AM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Here's another reason:

I am currently at a full hook-up campsite, working as a camp host. I use my campsite for a number of work duties. One duty is cleaning out fire pits. However, sometimes, there is still hot coals in the fire pits. I go ahead and scoop them up in a metal bucket and then dump them in the containers in front of the host site and drown them with water.

I keep one hose strung out to my camper. It's attached at the camper, but I don't leave the water on at the spigot. I attached my second hose to the spigot and put a sprayer on the end of it. I can use this hose to stretch over and spray the hot ashes and coals I collect from the fire pits.

A few days ago, I forgot to turn off the water spigot, but the sprayer did not let any water spray and there were no drips. But I did forget to turn the spigot itself off.

The next day, I wanted to fill my fresh water tank, so I had to switch hoses. I then realized I'd left the one attached and the spigot on. And then I was really taken back when I looked at the hose that was under pressure all night. I took a photo of both hoses. Originally, both hoses were the same size in diameter. Look what happened when the one with the sprayer attached was left under pressure all night? I don't have a water pressure regulator.

If you are going to use a water pressure regulator, make sure you attach it right at the spigot, not at the camper. Otherwise, you hose may burst.

Next trip to Wall Mart, I'm getting a new white hose. I don't trust this one any more to be under pressure.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote