View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 12:13 PM   #30
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
...I'm a Californian ...I swear I'll sell and relocate...
Foldbak, we lived in an Indiana upper scale city for 16 years, right on "Main Street". We had 3 different travel trailers and a utility trailer parked beside the house or in front of the house, ... well within our property line.

After 16 years, we had a notice on the front door by zoning that we were in violation and had to move the camper off the property. We were outraged, in utter disbelief, and angry. We tried everything to find a way to keep the trailers there, but we ended up having to move them off the property. We actually stored them at my in-laws fa4rm in Northern Indiana.

Meanwhile, we made the decision we were NOT going to stay in that snobbish, stuck-up, neighborhood any longer. We threw the house up for sale and moved clear out of that county, to a county that still had farm land, we could park the camper on the property without any reservations, burn our own trash, have chickens, and pee in the front yard if we wanted to.

It was the BEST thing we could have done and it's now been 14 years and we absolutely have no regrets about making the move. (Oh, it had it's challenges and nothing to sneeze at either, especially selling the old house, but it finally happened)

Before California goes completely down the toilet and you may still get some value out of your property, why not put the wheels in motion right now and get out! You know, it's only going to get more insane in California. It may take some time to work out all the logistics of moving, especially if working in an office, but waiting till it gets tot he point where it's completely intolerable, start the process right now.... this very moment. It begins by saying .... "I'm doing this and it starts RIGHT now!"
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote