View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 07:33 AM   #15
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petmoose View Post
Great suggestions all.
I installed a kit on both my 2000’s that allows you to turn a switch and it runs the gas out in about 2:30 minutes. I always run ethanol free gas, local Bucee’s carries this grade. I also run Seafoam or another treatment to the gas to keep the carb clean.I finally got the one started but still only runs with choke wide open. The other one runs just fine and it has been treated the same way. Go figure. Thanks for all the suggestions

You need to pull the carburetor , screw the little jet out ,and get some tip cleaners that is used for cleaning a cutting torch tip . Find the right size in the tip cleaner ,and file all those small holes in the jet, there's several . Some have to clogged not letting enough gas thru ,that's why the choke is needed . Takes about 30 minutes to do it ,it's very simple . If unsure there are YouTube videos showing how .

I'm surprised with the shutoff valves you are having an issue , mine was always running rough if just sitting for a month , until I added the shutoff. I run plain old regular gas without a problem now .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote