View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 10:59 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on getting your 377FL! I have the 375FL. It's the same set-up, except no loft above the bed room. We absolutely love that rear door on the opposite side. That door actually gets used more than the normal front door. You won't not think so, but it does for us. I would never, ever go back to a camper again if it did not have a door on the other side now.

We had an awning installed over the back door that's identical to the front awning when we purchased the camper. They also installed identical lights and electric awning arms, same as the front. That's been great also.

After 5 years now, our camper still turns heads and people still stop and ask me about that back door. I KNOW you will enjoy that back door.

And the front living room is fantastic! We love that open feeling between the upper level and the bottom level. We did remove the free standing table and chairs and replaced it with something different that fit us a bit better and added the washing machine and dryer. So, over the years we've made some pretty hefty changes. I know you will too.

One word of caution about the 377FL that I've read about and I'll freely share this with you. The rear has that drop frame and because it's low to the ground, it often drags. Its no problem as long as you are aware of it and prepared for it.

Another thing, the first chance you can, raise the jacks as high as they will go, especially the rears. The rear jacks WILL drag the ground. Also, if the feet on yours is removable by pulling the pin and then the metal round pads come off, remove them every time you travel. The first time you drag one on the ground, they will pop off and be gone. And they cost about $70 a pad now. You don't want to loose them. Although they still work without the pad, just put a board under them as a temporary solution.

Also, if you drag them, they will get scarred up. So again, the first chance you get, raise the jacks up 2 or 3 holes, if you can, and remove the pads when you travel. You'll save yourself a lot of heart grief.

Also, if you raise the jacks, you will not have to recalibrate. But, you may need to keep blocks under the jacks so they are not extending as much and cause a stroke out.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote