View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 09:51 PM   #1
4Mia
Established Member

M.O.C. #32568
MORryde - SP56-469 - Safe-T-Rail

Hi - New to the Montana forum. We just upgraded from a tow-trailer 2018 Salem Forest River to a 2023 Montana 3931FB Fifth Wheel.

A different model Montana had this telescoping handrail on it and we were told Montana has it as “patent pending” by the sales guy. They were going to install one on our fifth wheel but said it doesn’t fit. They said they would either have to remove our awning or make the door smaller (ummm, a dealer simply can’t do that). We went through the qualifier on this handrail and measured it ourselves and have over 3” between the awning and the door frame, I believe we only need 2.25” clearance for a successful install.

I would love to hear from Montana owners if they have successfully installed this on their unit and what year/model it fit. We would love to get my Mom out of the house after Dad has passed and travel with us and this would make her feel more comfortable getting up the four steps. I’m trying to make it handicap friendly for her as well, so any advice there would be appreciated as well.

Thanks, in advance, for any replies.
Mia
4Mia is offline   Reply With Quote