View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 03:07 PM   #4
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
It just makes sense to some

Ive been using air for the last 3 years after using the pink goo for the past 30. Just got tired of the clean out and mess at the beginning of the season. What if you want to go camping in the winter like we have in the last couple of years. You have to redo the routine again and again. The wife never trusted using the pink stuff after I showed her what it did to the grass one year when we went camping in the spring. I cleaned out the lines with fresh water after I flushed the stuff out with air on to the ground at the low point drain. It killed the grass, and it has never grown back in that 3 ft. diameter spot. Think about that for a minute...........
I believe the problem people have with the air method is they don`t use the right compressor, The little compressors (1 or 2 gallon or no tank at all) most people have in the unit does not produce enough volume or pressure for long enough to really get all the water out before the compressor runs out of air and has to build up again and do the same thing before it`s all out then they think that`s enough. The unit I use is a 50-gallon HF compressor set at 75 lbs (if the valves are open it`s not going to hurt anything) and run each line till nothing comes out but air not even spit. I removed all my traps and replaced them with the flapper kind and have never turned on the icemaker or filled those lines. The holding tanks are run dry by raising the camper to the max to drain it ALL out then leave the valves open till the next trip. the water tank has it`s own drain and I have been successful with that not freezing, same for the water heater. We live in the northeast so it gets pretty cold at times like down to 10 to 0. That`s my story and I`m sticking with it.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote