Thread: Suspension flex
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 12:28 PM   #9
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brown View Post
I saw some guys getting ready to launch a 36' racing boat at a boat launch last year. They had to make a 90 degree turn to get into the launch. One of the guys was walking alongside the trailer with a 5-gallon bucket of water. When the trailer started turning on the tires, he started pouring water down on the concrete to reduce friction on the concrete. I have thought of trying this when I do have to make a 90 degree back into a site.
I have a small roll of heavy duty polyethylene to put under the tires, just in case I get hung up on something and need to drag the rig sideways to get off it. Fold the poly over on itself and slide it under the wheels. Ploy on poly is very slick.
We were at a KoA were a young couple in a brand new TT next door to us got wedged up against a tree while trying to back in. Spent a couple of hours out there with them holding flashlights.
Finally the park owner came by with a tractor with a hitch on the front end and got them out and correctly parked.
I was thinking put something slick under the wheels and wench the whole rig sideways. That's why the roll of polyethylene is in my basement
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote