View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 09:22 AM   #8
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
My bed frame has not experienced any problems yet...I just want to be prepared when it happens...so more questions for Todd and Daryles.
Look at the sketch below...

1. The OPs bed frame head pulled away from the slide-out wall.
Aren't there aluminum studs in the slide wall to anchor the bed frame head to?
2. If you anchor the bed head frame to the wall - I assume the addition of 4 angle brackets screwed to the floor is "good insurance"? If the bed head frame can not be anchored to aluminum studs - then the L-brackets screwed to the floor become the primary frame anchors - right?
3. I re-read the older thread that Daryles provided the link and I sketched in the 3 casters you added to support the toe of the bed. Daryles - in part of your explanation you describe adding 1x2 pieces into the "hollow bed frame". I did not fully understand your description. I sketched up the hollow bed frame the way I assume it is constructed - bottom plate+vertical studs+top plate with thin plywood sides. I assume there is a vertical stud where the piston attaches. Where did you add blocking to the hollow body bed frame?
4. When my time comes - I plan to add L-brackets in the horizontal plane to ALL corners of the bed frame and hollow body frame to strengthen the whole affair. I think Daryles mentioned this in the other thread.
5. In all the photos I see various 120V wires run under the bed. Daryles - how do you keep your casters from running over the wires?
Your drawing skills are getting really good! What program are you using? I'm sure they attempted to hit the studs. And Daryles casters don't go in far enough to hit the cables.