View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 08:16 AM   #51
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
Danny - the new Montana and MHC units have the Dexter "Gladiator" axles with 50% thicker tube wall thickness. Though our 331RL came with 6K axles, it was also spec'd out with 3500 lb springs on each side. Again this will be a another time will tell matter as far as longevity goes.

I'm not affiliated with SumoSprings in any way shape form or fashion but I have nothing but good to say about their product.

By the way - I had to look up where Lamesa is located as it was bugging the beejebers out of me not being able to remember. I swear that I've got "sometimers"......

Thanks Lee. Hopefully they did upgrade the axles and springs on the new models - it was needed along with upgraded shackles. IMO that is too much trailer for the lightweight shackles that were on mine. I've not got to look at a new MHC as the dealer has started carrying all kinds of brands that they didn't before and he has lots of Montanas, just no MHC on my last couple of visits.

Lamesa is on the edge of nowhere...along with most stuff going out into W and far W TX. It's the place to be if you like sand, wind, heat, cotton and oil...primarily sand, wind and heat. I would have been long gone when I retired 16 years ago but DW told me she wasn't going anywhere. I was convinced so just bought me a burial plot here...in the sand, heat and wind.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote