Thread: Finally did it!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 03:52 PM   #12
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I stumbled upon an RV article showing a flip up-flip down counter top extension and the "Ah Ha!" moment finally happened. We've been wanting to do something like this ever since we purchased the Montana, but I just could not figure out the right way to do. In my head, nothing worked.... until I saw the article.

We ordered the parts off Amazon, as Lowes Home improvement does not have the flip down brackets, and Wall Mart did not have any wooden cutting boards like we wanted. I think both of those businesses are putting themselves out of business, especially when they don't carry things that we, the consumer, actually need, and then we are forced to go to Amazon.

Anyway, the parts were delivered today, and about 30 minutes later I had the job completely done.

I did this on our 3790RD; actually did one of them and my wife liked it so much that I did the other side. (the island is really small for the space).

But, I realize that even though I have another long thread for the mods that I've done, somehow I didn't post anything about this mod.

Either way, it is a great mod - we love it and I think you will too!

Brad