View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #15
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Dutchman Sport would you please send the cable kit part number or the Amazon link for the cable kit? Thank you for all of your input to this forum, you always have the best and most helpful answers!
Sorry I did not get back to this thread sooner.

The BAL model # is 22305 Cable Repair Kit off Amazon.

I also ordered the crimper (it reminds me of a large bolt cutter), and a pair of cable-wire cutters.

Here's a link to the Amazon site: Click here. The site will have the crimper and the wire cutter at the bottom, under that section ... frequently bought together. I think my total amount for all 3 was around $100. I'm order a couple more cable kits and keeping them in the camper along with the crimper and wire cutter.

kjohn6363,
I have driven several hundred miles now (3 times) with a broken slide cable without having to do anything to secure the slide. Remember, there are 4 cables to pull the slide "in" and hold it in, and there are 4 cables to pull the slide "out" and hold it out. Once the slide is "in" the 3 remaing cables will hold it in place just fine as you travel.

Mikelff,
All 3 times, my cables have broken on the outside, where that round catch at the end of the cable attaches to the L-bracket on the slide. It almost appears they are not crimped tight enough and simply give way ... unless, when in the closed position, they are being bound upward or downward, causing wear, right at that spot. I'm not sure, but definately will check.

FYI, I'm fixing them tomorrow (Saturday 4-30-2022). We made it back home form North Carolina and weather turned yuckie in Indiana. No desire to fix the cable in this cold damp weather. But, tomorrow I'm doing it, regardless of weather.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote