Thread: Awning
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 08:06 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Unlike manual operated awnings, the electric motorized ones are really fickle.

It's annoying, but when wind kicks up, the awning comes in. And when we are not physically at the camper, the awning comes in, even if is going to be a few minutes.

About tilting? That depends on the rain. Mine has a dump feature and it does work pretty well. However, when it dumps, the water comes pouring down like an ocean wave, and then when the water is gone, the arm raises back up with a ker-plop. It sounds like the entire awning is being torn away. But it's not.

So, tilting works very, very well, as long as it's not windy. However, I have found, that with a very mild wind, tipping one side of the awning into the wind works pretty good and the wind doesn't cause it to pop. But when the wind reaches a certain point, even tilted, the awning can be damaged.

Tilting both sides at the same time allows the best run off. But tilting one side only works equally as well.

I don't know of too many people that actually use the awning anchors and straps with electric awnings though. I may be wrong, but not too many do.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote