View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 07:05 AM   #16
loadmaster
Established Member

M.O.C. #20581
Disk Brakes

After reading about everyone installing disc brakes on their Montana camper, my brother and I ordered the kit and installed the disc brakes one weekend at our house, I was a little apprehensive about installing the brakes thinking that this was going to be a hard job to install. But being mechanically inclined, we jumped in and before we knew it we had them installed. It is a straight up installation the only thing that was hard was running the wire to the seven (7) pin plug. After running the wire and bleeding the calibers and checking to make sure we had installed the brakes right we went for a ride and to my surprise the brakes worked great stopping the camper on a dime. The installation is straight forward for someone that is mechanically inclined you can do it. The only thing is running the hydraulic brake lines to insure they are secured along the frame of the camper.

I would not own a camper without disk brakes on it. This should be and standard on all camper coming from the factory. The kit we order did come from Performance brakes.
loadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote