View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 04:44 PM   #14
GrahamLock
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25190
Drip Edge Ski

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllsworthToohey View Post
Having found some soft rotted spots in my living rm slide I studied many a vid on you tube about floor repair. But the major common cause of all these damaged floors was that the way the slide is built it allows rain water to wick into and under the edges of the exposed floor. Eventually water does get in and it is so easy to prevent. You can buy expensive plastic ski's that fix the issue, but you can also use a couple pennies worth of Blue Painters tape and just stick it to the visible edge of the floor that you can see on the ends of the slide underneath. I have about 1/4 inch showing and so just ran a length of tape along there and let the 3/4' just hang in open air below the floor. Here is a 20 sec video showing the result. If you are camping and its time to slide in, just peel off the tape and dispose of it. Easy peasy fixaroonie.

Guess I can only post a link to the vid on my Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkG...ew?usp=sharing

BTW, the 12 ton bottle jack in the video is just holding a piece of 2x6 beneath the place where water damaged the wood at this end. After studying a lot of ways to fix these floors, I have decided to try my own original method which you may find utter madness... I'll post more about my method in its own thread, when i am done.
Is there a site to see what the ski drip edge looks like?
GrahamLock is offline   Reply With Quote