Thread: Full Body Paint
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 06:40 PM   #5
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I've had 1 pop-up, 3 travel trailers, and now a fifth wheel. All my previous campers (aluminum sided and fiberglass sided) had paint that had problems and decals that pealed.

My current Montana High Country, now going on 4 years, has had no problems with the paint or graphics. Why?

Well, first ... we had Resist All applied to the body and that has kept the shine, just like new (when it's washed). I've not put any wax on it at all, ever. It's still shiny and, other than the scratches I put on myself, still looks new.

Second, the graphics are not pealing, fading, or anything? Why? because there has never been wax applied on them. My previous campers, I waxed a lot, and it did not take time for the wax to start causing the graphics to peal, crack, crumble, fade, and start flaking off.

My suggestion? Pay the price for the Resist All and you'll never have to wax. I wash with a mild Dawn Dishwashing liquid solution and remove the tar spots with WD-40 and a soft cloth. Camper is still as shiny as the day we brought it home (except for the scratches I did myself).

Was the Resist a dealer option?
Foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote